Sunday, November 28, 2010

Soup I just made up...

I'm getting a little sick... but that's ok.  I use these times as opportunities to perfect my soup-making skills.  This is what I just came up with yesterday.  It's pretty good.

Basically just boil everything together...





Get-Well Soup
2 liters of water
1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
2 packets/4 bullion cubes chicken broth
100-150g of small raw beef cubes
5 whole garlic cloves (yum!)
fistfull of minced cilantro (Yes, I found cilantro here!!!!)
1 lemon worth of lemon juice
1 hot red pepper, sliced
2 medium potatoes, cubed and fried (careful not to splash oil in your eye like I did... ouch)
2 tablespoons ground basil
1 cup of lentils (optional)
salt and pepper to taste (before you add the raw beef so you CAN taste it)

Boil forever, then simmer for a long time... let it sit on your back balcony overnight to cool, and then reheat on the stove in small portions... at least, that's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment