Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years ago...



Remembering how my whole take on the world changed 10 years ago... I remember how we used to pick my dad up from the gate at the airport. I remember thinking it was so cool that the U.S. really didn't have any major enemies, 'cause the cold war was over, and everybody just seemed happy to be free. I'd always thought of a terrorist as some one-off political fanatic... Then, I remember my face being glued to the television screen watching as a rescue effort turned into a recovery effort and watching thousands mourning. I remember praying and crying... I remember thanking God that my dad didn't take that job in New York that he thought about... right across the street from the World Trade Center. I remember wanting to join the military so that I could do my part - scaring my mom to death.  I'm praying for the families affected by this.

1 comment:

  1. :"( We all remember that day. I do. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete